SCIP-3D RCC Panel
- How does the SCIP-3D Construction System compare to other building systems?
The traditional construction materials, that are Concrete and Steel (RCC), remain the best materials for structural strength of the buildings.
SCIP-3D construction system uses the same Concrete and Steel materials but with enhanced properties and strength.
SCIP-3D construction system economizes the use of materials. It can replace traditional building techniques and satisfy any physical and structural requirements. The use of SCIP-3D panel can reduce up to 40% of the total weight of construction compared with traditional building methods.
There are many benefits associated with the SCIP-3D construction system. In brief, it is cost effective, time & labor efficient and most importantly Energy Efficient. The SCIP-3D construction system is extremely versatile and will cater to creative architectural designs. Additionally, the structural integrity and energy savings of the SCIP-3D construction system will provide ongoing long term benefits for the owner.
- What are the main benefits of the SCIP-3D construction system?
- Thermal & Sound Insulation: Heat and cold transmission is reduced by 50% -80% through the use of SCIP-3D panel and its superior sound insulation keeps each living space a quiet zone.
- Savings in Construction Cost: SCIP-3D construction system uses lightweight construction materials enabling savings in the cost of foundations even in low load-bearing soil conditions, due to reduction of 40% of total weight of construction compared with using traditional construction materials. The SCIP-3D panels economize the use of materials and labor and offers economical option for construction of RCC buildings that satisfies any physical and structural requirements.
- Time & Labor Savings: SCIP-3D Panels goes up so quickly, precisely and easily that fewer masons and other skilled workers are needed to get the job done.
- Environmentally Intelligent: SCIP-3D Panel is made from galvanized steel, so the system does not deplete forestry products. Furthermore, the high density expanded Polystyrene (EPS) thermal insulation core used in the panels contains no ozone damaging CFCs either in the manufacturing process or the end product. All the materials are also recyclable.
- Financial Sensibility: Earlier completion means earlier occupancy. Fewer laborers and less equipment means a lower cost. Together, it means lower total capital investment and a quicker return on Investment (ROI).
- Maintenance Savings: SCIP-3D concrete structures require minimal long-term maintenance, especially in areas prone to extreme weather and temperature conditions. Summer heat, winter snow, heavy rains and high wind, nothing gets through SCIP-3D Panels.
- Lower Utility Bills: Structures built with SCIP-3D Panels have experienced up to 50% -80% savings in electricity and gas consumption, made possible by the requirement of smaller and more efficient HVAC / heating and air conditioning systems due to lower heating & cooling loads.
- Termite Proof: The SCIP-3D construction system is totally resistant to termites, insects, and rodents as well as to mold, mildew & fungi.
- Hurricane and Earthquake Protection: There are many documented instances where structures built with SCIP-3D Panels have survived the severest storms and other natural disasters. The SCIP-3D buildings can withstand wind velocities of more than 300 Km/ hr and endure earthquakes of 0.4 g Ground Acceleration or more than 7.5 on the Richter Scale.
- Greater Acceptability: Since the SCIP-3D construction system uses the traditional RCC construction materials that are Concrete and Steel alongwith an in-built thermal insulation core of high density Polystyrene, the finished buildings appear exactly similar to any other RCC / conventional building.
- Additional Floors: Due to light weight and easy handling of the SCIP-3D panels the construction system is ideally suited for the construction of additional floors on top of existing multistorey buildings, without over loading the structure & foundations. It is therefore possible to construct RCC additional floors on existing buildings without compromising the safety of the existing structure.
- Construction in Remote Areas: A standard 10’ x 4’ SCIP-3D wall panel weighs only 16 Kgs (before shotcreting at site) making it possible to carry the panels to remote and high attitude areas where the traditional construction materials like bricks & C.C blocks are not locally available or are too expensive to transport. SCIP-3D is the ultimate solution for construction of RCC insulated buildings in the remote and inaccessible areas.
What are the thermal insulation properties of SCIP-3D construction system?
The SCIP-3D Construction System has been designed for maximum environmental comfort. The SCIP-3D structure will keep you cooler in summer and warmer in winter. The modified high density expanded Polystyrene core satisfies all thermal requirements.
The incorporation of high density shotcrete and variable thickness of Polystyrene ranging from 50mm through 100mm provides an excellent thermal barrier. There are few wall penetrations keeping thermal loss at a minimum. Further, there are no wooden or metal studs to transfer or conduct heat/cold through the exterior walls. Ultimately, the SCIP-3D Panels construction system can save up to 50% – 80% in heating / cooling costs.
Is the SCIP-3D Structure earthquake resistant?
Buildings constructed with SCIP-3D construction system can withstand earthquakes of 0.4g Ground Acceleration or a continuous shake lasting over a minute of 7.5 on the Richter Scale intensity.
Is the SCIP-3D Structure fire resistant?
A structure built with SCIP-3D Panels is non-combustible and has a minimum 1.5-hour fire rating and a higher rating can easily be attained. The fire resistance increases with thicker layer of shotcrete applied on each face of the panel. Thus, structures built with SCIP-3D Panel are virtually fire resistant.
What are the load bearing capabilities of SCIP-3D structure?
The traditional brick / block wall and other traditional systems cannot compare to SCIP-3D Panel strength. A standard SCIP-3D Panel with 50mm Polystyrene core using 2mm mesh wire, 2.50 m in height has been tested at a structural load of over 78000 lbs.
How is the SCIP-3D structure secured into the slab?
Firstly, rebar anchors are embedded within the slab on grade / strip footing. The panel is then placed over the rebar anchors, through the open space between the Polystyrene core and the wire mesh. Once set, the rebar anchors are fastened directly to the wire mesh by hand with tie wire. The rebar should be installed at a straight perpendicular angle so that it will fit easily into the cavity between the Polystyrene and the Wire Mesh.
How is a bond beam-lintel made with SCIP-3D structure?
This is one of the major advantages of the SCIP-3D Construction System. A bond beam-lintel is used to create large openings, or to strengthen large areas of ceiling or to help support roof structure. By simply adding a couple of rebars at the bottom of the lintels most of the bigger openings can be accommodated.
In some cases removing the Polystyrene core, or part of it and installing rebar creates the bond beam.
How are the electrical and plumbing components installed?
The construction system incorporates concealed electric wiring and plumbing. The electrical conduits and plumbing pipes are installed by removing a part of Polystyrene core to create a cavity for the electrical conduit or plumbing piping. Approximately 20mm of the Polystyrene off the wire mesh is removed. If a greater opening is required, it can be removed with a small keyhole saw or butane torch. The Polystyrene will not burn, it will shrink or melt leaving a cavity. The electrical or plumbing is then installed into the cavity.
How are windows and doors installed?
The window and door openings may be cut out before or after wall installation, by the use of a reciprocating saw or a grinder / cutter.
How do you build curved or radius walls with SCIP-3D Panel?
Curved and radius walls can be installed by cutting the wire mesh on one side of the panel. This will allow the panel to bend to the desired shape or radius. The cut mesh is then reinforcement with additional mesh panels.
How is the shotcrete mix applied to the SCIP-3D Panels?
A specialized mix of shotcrete is applied with high pressure shotcrete equipment on either side of the panel. The quality of the mix design, concrete slump, and retarded factor, waterproofing additives, concrete pump and adequate trained workmanship are all equally important factors for a smooth shotcrete operation.
There is a great versatility of plaster & stucco finishes available for both the interior and exterior walls. Additional product such as paints, stone / brick cladding and other finishes may be applied on top of the finished concrete for presentation purposes.